Saturday, April 16, 2011

Living with lung cancer ... is life the same as before ?

For me, it is not the same and I do not think it will ever be the same anymore .

No matter how hard I try, try to live as similar as possible to life before treatment, it is just not possible .

It is a matter of fact that life after treatment is different .

Life ... living with cancer is different .

The change of diet is not an issue , as it is good for us to change our diet .

The change of lifestyle also not an issue , as it is the right thing to do . To live healthy lifestyle,sleep early , rest when tire , no smoking , no alcohol , eat healthy , regular execise , less stress and so on .

But, the body changes because of the after treatment side effect and the extreme alert to symptom,
i.e. chest pain , tired , headache, cough , bone pain , weight loss and so on , is something that make life different .

Meantime, have to be mentally strong to deal with all the " What if ... "
- What if situation getting worst .
- What if the cancer start to spread and growing in our brain , bone and other organ
- What if it the tumor cause bleeding or cause us to be breathless
- What if we have to hospitalise immediately and become immobile

There is so many "What if ... " and uncertainty . It is STRESSFUL when all the " What if ... " start come to our mind .

So , life is different , as living with cancer is actually living with anxiety , with worry ...

But, on the bright side, life after cancer treatment also bring us good .
- I am more healthy then before , except that I hv to live with cancer and to deal with all the side effect .
- I have more time with family and more time to do things that I want to do.
- I get to receive all the warm love , blessing from family , friends .
- I learn that how important is it to Love and to Forgive.
- I appreciate life more .
And the most valuable is I accepted Jesus Christ and he bless me to have peace mind , he touch and strengthen me, lead me out of darkness to light, guide me how to face the changes in life that I have to go through.

Well ! Life will be different , it will not be the same anymore and we just have to accept it and move forward .

Whenever the bad feeling trouble us, we just have to get it away fast and pray to Lord for peace mind .

I pray to Lord for his blessing to us, who is living with cancer , be blessed to live without fear & worry and guide us to find peace and joy .

Be HAPPY and live with the changes with a JOYFUL heart , never give up and we can make it .

God Bless
SK

No comments:

Post a Comment