Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Praise the Lord , I am back .

It's 20 days no posting from me , since last chemo.

On 4th Oct '12 , just two days after chemo, right upper back pain strike me and I suffer one of the worst back pain ever have during my journey with lung cancer .

It is hard and because of the pain, I have to take painkiller , Ultracet every 6 hours to get pain subside and slowly increase it to 7 hours and more hours in between. Then, I try to be smart after couple of days and try to do away Ultracet and I feel the withdraw sympton make me very very tired and weak. Finally after two days I surrender and be good boy to make sure take it every 6 hours with one panadol . About a week later, I start again to take it every 7 or 9 hours and meantime take away panadol, well, thks God, it works and slowly adjust the time , then, finally I manage to stop Ultracet last Thusday and I start to feel better, regain some strength , when I am on Ultracet, it really make me feel weak the whole day.

Thanks for Lord blessing and healing , and his guidance for me to learn how to be patient and get thing done step by step , no rushing . Well, it is a process for me to learn how others patient feel , when they have pain during or after treatment. Think about it, the pain is bad, but, I learn and know that it is time to learn more about pain management and this will not only help me and I will be able to share with other patient . Praise the Lord ! And I pray that Lord will continue to guide me and bless me with wisdom, heal me, so that I can recover from cancer and share , support other cancer patient .

Today, my chemo day again and I use a different drug this time . Gemzar + Venorelbine ,
I will post the infor for the two drugs for reference, maybe tomorrow .
Both the drug have to take on 1st day and 8th day , then, rest 2 weeks . Means today I am chemo, then, next Tuesday I have to come back for chemo and rest two weeks. Or it means two times in 3 weeks ( or a cycle ) . Very troublesome, but, since I do not have many more choice , unless go for drugs under trial, so, lets give it a try and I pray that Lord will guide the drug to figth and destroy the cancer cell and tumor, and set me free from cancer and let me be well.

Great to share with you that the chemo treatment procedure today is good and smooth, feel great.

Already check in my hotel room ( hahaha, hospital room ) for a night and will discharge tomorrow . Then, back here next week .

Will update again and really hope that it will not for me to take 20 days for one update .

May Lord bless us to have a Joyful week .

God bless !











8 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord ! He sends you wisdom and patience. I am glad that you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever heard and used Durogenic flaster? If not, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you .
    Lord is great !
    Understand from your blog , your are doing well with Alimta and feel good, GREAT !
    With Lord , everyday is a joyful day .
    God Bless !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of Durogenic flaster . What is it ?
    Anyway, may I know your name and where are you from ?
    Thks / sk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the mistypo. I meant Durogesic. It is a opioid, long term pain control patch. If you have sleepless nights and strong pains you may want to keep Durogesic in mind. I think you cant buy it directly from pharmacy. Please ask it to your doctor. Especially the pain managment services.

    I am Cuneyt from Turkiye. I hope you get well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cuneyt , thks for your advice and sharing , will keep the infor in my file .
    Meantime, my pain still bearable with Ultracet and actually I have with me the opioid tablet drug, but, not taking it and just keep it for stanby .
    You are so kind and one thing I like today tech is that the world is no border and we all from different part of this world , but, we communicate with each other like neighbor.
    Great !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    You are doing very well NOT taking opioid drugs if you can withstand your pains. I hope you won't need any opioid drugs in the future as well. 2 months ago my father diagnosed with NSCLC stg. 4 adenocarcinoma with EGFR, ALK negative :( He has some serious pains and we cant manage it with non-opioid drugs. After six sleepless nights he had to take durogesic patch.

    He is taking Carboplatin + Taxol + Bevacizumab cycles. Actually I don't think chemo drugs will help to my father but God will! I see that you have been diagnosed in 2008 and you are doing very good living with it. It is the faith which is more effective than any chemo drugs. Keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to know your father have to go thro' the pain, don't worry , keep your faith and believe , he will recover and live a quality life .
    Anyway, you may e mail me, if need any fast or immediate sharing. E mail address in my profile.
    Me too start my treatment first with carboplatin and taxol, but, I did not use bevacizumab ( avastin ) as I hv regular bleeding in my lung .
    God bless !

    ReplyDelete