Monday, December 31, 2012

Bye Bye 2012

Just want to say Bye Bye and thanks to 2012 .

Is it a great year for me ? In a way , it is Yes and No.

For my Living with Lung Cancer journey , 2012 is a tough year .

In Feb. I hv the worst chemo experience, with the extreme pain, I ended up with request to doctor to refer me to Hospis Malaysia . Thanks God, with Hospis help, manage to get pain under control and subside . Praise the Lord.

In end June, my brain MRI scan reported the small 'c' show up in my brain and say ' hello SK , I am here ' . After consulted with doctors and also reading sharing in cancer forum, decided to proceed wih WBR ( whole brain radiation ). I expected it may cause side effect, but, never expected it's tough . Feeling weak , loss appetite , loss weight , headache . I decided to delay my chemo until I feel better. It took two over months for me to feel ok ( from July to Sept ) .

In Sept., start chemo with Alimta and change the drug to Gemzar + Vinorelbine in Oct.

And today, I spend my New Year eve writting my blog in hospital , cause I have delayed my chemo from last week due to low blood count. Praise the Lord ! Everything goes well today.

With God , what I mentioned above is nothing to compare to the blessing from God and make it a great year for me.

I have learned new things in this journey.
What is Pain management.
What is WBR and how to deal with it .
How to plan ahead with precaution by having necessary equipment to avoid fall, when suddenly few weak .

I make new friends who share with me their thought and experience in living with lung cancer.

With Hospis arrangement, I meet Prince William . Thanks Hospis Malaysia .

I have regained my feel in colour pencil drawing and improve.

I managed to have a enjoyable vacation with my family to Shanghai.

Wow ! Feel Good , Feel Great , Feel so thankful .

Praying 2013 be a great year to all of us and may God blessing to touch upon us and bless us and our family with Joy , Happiness and Good Health .

God Bless !

















2 comments:

  1. SK,
    Another beautiful post. You are so full of gratitude, a great example for all of us. It is all grace, isn't it? Christ suffers in us, Christ rejoices in us. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. Peace, this New Year to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel,
      Yes ! Nothing can separate us from the love of God.
      Peace to the World.
      With God blessing, Good Health, Good news, everything Good is for us in 2013 , a beautiful year.
      Believe and have Faith .
      God Bless !

      Delete