Friday, October 7, 2011

5th day of 3rd cycle chemotherapy with drug Taxotere

Problem with sleep is back.
Yesterday night, decided to change my way of resting. Just jump on bed as when feel tire. So, end up in bed before 9pm and wake up abt 1+ am. Not bad, feel fresh then.
Decided to watch movie and end up back to bed at 4 am. not really sleep, but, did have a good nap and wake up 7+ am, to get myself prepare for early visit to hospital for my 3rd ( last ) white blood cell booster injection for this chemo cycle.
All goes well and back home by 1 pm , jump on bed again to rest. good nap for until 4 pm and have my early dinner before 6 pm, very good and happy that the hard strike side effect not yet start ... :) . hope it'll not strike me too hard this time . ( Note : Steroid drug finish yesterday, so, the hard side effect should start by today, as per experience of 1st and 2nd cycle ) .

Sharing on how I deal with my chemo treatment everyday :-
> Prayer and thanks Lord for Healing and Blessing
> Pray for Lord blessing to my family , relatives, friends to have Joy , Happiness and Good Health . Thanks so much for all their Love , Care and Support .
> Rest/Sleep as when I feel tire
> Eat as when I feel hungry
> Do something to extract my focus from pain, body ache, i.e. listen to music , read jokes, watch movie , drawing , or anything that can get me relax .
> Light exercise and brisk walking for atleast 1/2 hour , as long as my body condition allow .
> Drink sufficient amount of water/fluid to ensure I am not dehydrated, meantime, monitor closely to ensure there is no sign of water retention.
> Take record of my daily weight and blood pressure reading for a good monitoring of my body condition changes.
> Take medicine on time as per doctor advice to ensure side effect under control .
> Listen to my body and take note and record any body changes. It is important information for next doctor appointment.
> Share and update my conditions to my wife, so that she know how I am doing and this will keep her away from worry .

Be happy and appreciate each day we have with our family ... :)

God Bless !

No comments:

Post a Comment