Wednesday, September 21, 2011

CT Scan today 21st Sept 2011

It is a long wait today .

Blood test at 9.30 am . Doctor advise , Blood count all in order . Liver ; Kidney function is okay , CEA not much changes, still about 2400.

CT Scan at 10 + am and finish by 10.30 am. Result finally ready by 3 pm .
Result with Radiologist summary as follows :
Ca lung on chemotherapy with mixed response.

1) Previously noted mass in right upper lobe is almost similar in size 11.9 x 6.9 cm ( compare to previous scan 11.3 x 7 cm ) .
Large metastasis, the largest is at the mediastinal border measuring 5.1 x 4.1 cm ( previously 5.4 x 3.3 cm )
Another large subpleural nodule is seen abutting the right transverse fissure measuring 3.3 x 3.3 cm ( previously 4 cm )
There are multiple lung nodules in both lungs.
These nodules appear unchanged compared to the previous scan.There are several new nodules seen in left lungr ( Note : after going thro' my scan with oncologist, we found that there is no differences as those so call new nodules did show up in previous scan )

2) Mediastinal lymph nodes are smaller and fewer

3) Right paratracheal node ( now measure 1.1 cm , previously 1.7 cm )

4) Anterior carinal node now measures 1.0cm ( previously 0.9 cm )

5) Liver , the previously noted in segment II lesion, now measures 0.6cm ( previously 0.6 cm) , segment VII measures 0.6cm ( previously 0.7 cm )
The previously noted segment IV cycts are unchanges.

6) The adrenal metastases are smaller.
Right adrenal metastasis measures 1.3 x 1.6cm ( previously 2 x 1.5 cm )
Left adrenal metastasis is also smaller measuring 1.8 x 1.6cm ( previously 2 x 1.6 cm )

7) The sclerotic bony metastasis to the spine, ribs and scapula are unchanged.

Oncologist say the result show my condition is stable , as there is no major changes after the 2 cycles of Taxotere.

Suggest to have another two cycles before making any decision .

As next week he is not available, I suggest to schedule the 3rd cycle on 3rd Oct .
Means it is like the 1st cycle , 4 weeks between each cycle ( instead of the 3 weeks ) ,
it is also for me to see whether I have the same problem like 1st cycle, where my blood pressure suddenly become low for 3 to 4 days on the 4th week .

After two cycle, as of today , I have less cough and less phlegm ( and sinec 2nd cycle chemo until today, no more phlegm with blood )
Overall body energy is not as good as before chemo , I accept it, as during chemo I normally feel tire and start recover once I take a rest from chemo .
Breathing is not as good as before chemo, a fast walk will make me breathless , unless is after some light exercise and have a brisk walk for 30 minutes, then, I feel better with fast walk It is something like I need to warm up, before any fast walk . I think it is because I feel weak during chemo and should get better once my body recover.

Well ! I accepted the result without much complain, since condition remain stable . As this is the usual result I get for the last 3 years , for all the previous chemo I did .

Thanks Lord for his blessing and healing that keep my condition stable and better . Praise the Lord .

SK

No comments:

Post a Comment