Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Praise the Lord ! Feel great !

Praise the Lord ! Lord is great .
The management of side effect for this cycle is great , thanks Lord .
Feel so much better and start to be have better sleep thro' the night for until atleast 4 or 5 a.m.

Rash ( all over my bald head , hahahaaha ) and some over my face , start to subside since yesterday. Actually not so bad in comparing to the rash I have when I am on the targeted drug " Tarceva " . This time, it is more like pimple over my face and head .

Stomach feel much better also, with the experience of 1st cycle side effect and well prepare ahead of the chemo, I manage to cope well with it and manage to stop the back pain . ( Because of very bad stomach upset , the pain in stomach extended to my back and end up need to use pain killer to stop stomach pain , then, go for traditional massage for my back to relieve pain) . Small serving per meal and do some light stretching exercise and brisk walking in living hall about 15 minutes after food , it help . Meantime, gastric and anti acid reflux medicine help me too .

Constipation happen as expected, right after the 1st day of chemo. Try my best to deal with it and fail . On the fifth day , decided to ask doctor for some medicine , as my piles is giving problem and already start bleeding . After two round of the medicine, the next day feel better and now resolve. Piles is still giving me problem, but, under control. For next chemo, I should start taking the constipation medicine on 2nd day .

Bone pain take effect on 5th day and getting worst on 6th and 7th day . This is expected, because steroid finish on 4th day . It happen the same for 1st cycle chemo, bone pain and all kind of pain strike on 5th day . Worst pain in my neck area . Because of good management of stomach problem, so, the bone pain not really big issue for me .

Fatigue , yes ! very very tire on 5th ; 6th and 7th day . Just want to sleep , rest . getting much better since yesterday . But, have to close monitoring, as during the 1st cycle, on 4th week after chemo, I just suddenly feel very weak and blood pressure getting low for about 3 days . So, seriously need to monitor and hopefully it will not happen again. I am now taking boiled red date
water ; boiled red beans and also black bean soup , to help in increasing my Red Blood Cell .

Taste change . Yes ! it's a problem with taste change. But, it is normal side effect for chemo treatment, so, have learn to deal with it .

Dehydration . Yes ! quite bad, same as the 1st cycle . Have to drink a lot of water everyday. As when I wake up during mid night, I will drink atleast one bottle of water, watch TV for a while , before back to bed . Actually, it is quite difficult to drink so much of water, as the taste is flat or weird ,but, to stop body from dehydrate, have it take it without fail. Actually, I am lucky that do not have problem with water retention , so, should not complain about it , hahahahaha .

Nausea , very light nausea , not an issue .

Appetite -- not bad , thanks my wife for cooking food that I request with taste suit to me .

Overall -- Not so bad .

Chemo drug . 1st cycle : Taxotere (Docetaxel ) + Zometa , 2nd cycle : Taxotere ( Docetaxel )only

Wish my sharing can be a good guide to other cancer patient .

God bless
SK

2 comments:

  1. Great SK, glad to hear you are managing better this time, always caring about you. Take care Bro ! Naka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother , Terima Kasih .
    When are you plan for your Balik Kampung again .
    By then, I should be recover and accompany you for nasi lemak , hahahahahaha.
    Thks
    SK

    ReplyDelete