Monday, September 5, 2011

Second cycle with Taxotere ( Docetaxel ) 5/9/11

After a good rest for 4 weeks from the 1st cycle ( on 8th August '11 ) , my body is more or less ready for it for today chemo.

Basically feeling not so bad for the last one over weeks , except feel tire most of the time and some days feel good and can drive . But, towards late afternoon, will feel very tire .

Blood pressure is on the low side , most of the time is Below 100 ( 90+ )/ Below 60 ( 50+ ) , I think this is the reason why i am feel weak and tire.

Been taking boiled red dates and black bean soup to help in increase my red blood cell.

Last Friday, I took blood test and have good result for Total WBC - 9.8 ( very good , as normal is between 4 - 11 ) and Platelets - 434 ( normal is between 150-450).
But, RBC is on the lower side , Total RBC - 3.8 ( normal between 4.7 - 6.1 ) and Haemoglobin - 11.8 ( normal between 13.5 - 18 )

One good news is tumor marker reading for CEA hv reduce .
CEA - 2407.10 ( previous 2948.20 )
CA 125 - 895 ( previous 887 )
CA 15.3 - 55 ( pevious 63 )
CA 19.9 - 6 ( previous 4 )

After discussion with doctor about the side effect for the 1st cycle, we decided to drop Zometa for 2nd cycle and just concentrate on Taxotere . Since I can have Zometa anytime after I complete chemo with Taxotere. I think this should be a good decision, as I am now not sure the bad side effect is due to which drug . By dropping Zometa for time being, the side effect will be either from Taxotere or the booster for white blood cell .

Like the 1st cycle, I am doing well on 1st day ( today ), can eat well and feel okay , except feeling a bit tire ( quite normal )

Pray for Lord's blessing for me to have a good nite rest and all goes well .

If all well, will discharge by tomorrow afternoon and back on 3rd / 4th and 5th day for the injection for white blood cell booster.

With the experience for 1st cycle in dealing with side effect, just wish that I can cope well and manage it better for this time and have a faster recovery .

I am bald about 1 1/2 week ago, when hair start to drop . But, just few days ago, hair start growing again ... :).

I think it will drop again, so, shaving it everyday to maintain bald for time being .

Less phlegm cough out after 1st cycle, but, some blood still show up in phlegm, not everytime and not serious, it is less in compare to before chemo treatment .

God bless.
SK

No comments:

Post a Comment