Thursday, January 19, 2012

Only know the real feeling after we experience it

For the last 3 over years, I have experienced many kind of side effect from Chemo treatment. Every new experience give me more understanding to the feeling of other cancer patient.

Unless we experience it ourself, if not , it is really difficult to visualise how bad can it be .

For the past years, when I read sharing from others about breathless, when my aunty ( who have lung and heart problem ) told me how difficult for her to rely on the oxygen machine 24hours a day , how difficult for her to deal with the day to day, where she will feel breathless having her shower without the oxygen support .

I can sense that it is difficult , it's hard , but, how worst can it be, I do not know.

Recently, when I start to experience breathless, when I walk fast , when I walk all the way to another floor without stop, when I carry my travelling luggage walking in airport . I start to understand , breathless is really a serious issue and it is no fun , we can not take it lightly .

Same happen to the experience of pain because of the possibility of tumor pressing on nerve . It is really distubing when it happen and the kind of pain is difficult to explain for another person to understand it . But, if I am talking about it with another patient who have experience it, he will fully understand how bad is it .

Some care taker , family member or friends may think that the patient is just lazy to move around, lazy to do things or not positive enough to face the situation, when the patient not responding to them or laid back and taking rest the whole day .

But, in actual fact, most of the patient is trying to have some quiet time, to pray or to relax , in order to deal with the pain, the pain may not be very painful , but, it is just very disturbing and sometime, it is like pulling or poking every other minutes for hours or for the day .

I pray to Lord to answer our prayer and guide us how to deal with the situation, when we going through pain and all type of side effect or cancer treatment.

God Bless .

No comments:

Post a Comment