Sunday, March 4, 2012

Not an easy battle for this time .

3 over weeks ago, I go for the battle with full of confidence, as I been deal with the two chemo drug, Alimta and Carboplatin before.
I am so confident , because I know what is the expected side effect .
But, living with cancer is always with uncertainty and surprise , and it turn out to be a big surprise for me .
I experience the worst pain in my life , pain in my chest rib , pain on my back .
I experience the worst gastric and gastric pain in my life. Even a small meal cause stomach bloating and almost give up eating.
Now I understand what is the meaning of pain going thro' by other cancer patient .
Now I understand what is the meaning of gastric pain .
In my life, I never think of those pain can be so unbearable and I now understand why some cancer patient give up their fight.
I am thankful that Lord is with me and guide me , heal me, bless me with wisdom on how to deal with it .
I am thankful that Lord send Pastor Bruce Wast and Pastor Max Palmer from New Zealand, come over to my house to pray for me at the time I need most .
I am thankful for the care , love and support from my wife and daughter.
I am thankful for the care , love and support from my sister, Adelin and her church member, their prayer keep me going .
I am thankful to have all of you give me your support , care , love and pray for me .
I am thankful to have doctor and nurse in Pantai KL cancer centre give me support and advise.
I am thankful to have Rachel , nurse from Hospice Malaysia, visit me and give me valuable advise on pain management.

My fever have subside , gastric getting better .
But, still have to rely on pain killer ( Ultracet ) everyday . Anyway, I manage to cut it down from one tablet 3 times a day to 2 times a day , since yesterday. I am looking forward to bring down to once a day .

Suppose to have my second cycle of chemo on 2nd March , Friday . After discussion with doctor, will defer it until I get better. I also request to use only Alimta and drop Carboplatin .

What is ahead ?
Be frank , I am not sure , but, I believe Lord have a good plan for me .
The road ahead may be more rough , may have more surprise or may be more interesting .
Whatever is it , I am ready to face it and continue to walk thro' this journey .


God Bless !

2 comments:

  1. Prayers coming to you from the US. I've been following your story since you posted on cancercompass and you continue to be an inspiration because of your honesty, your grace, and your strength. I hope the pain subsides and everything gets better. You're a fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ! Lana ,
    Thks for your prayer and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete